Re: any mirror/site where I can download Emacs snapshots?

Sivaram Neelakantan [2015-10-27 00:04:44+05:30] wrote:

> I don't want to clone the whole repository, would a shallow clone also
> work?

You can use "git clone --depth 1" to get just the latest revision. Most
of the space is taken by the files, though, not the history. Depth-1
clone takes 178 MB and full clone 371 MB (all the way to year 1985).

> I use xfce and I believe I don't have Gnome libs installed I think.
> Would that require any changes to the configure option above?

I'm not sure what you mean. Emacs supports these toolkits:

    --with-x-toolkit=KIT    use an X toolkit (KIT one of: yes or gtk, gtk2,
                            gtk3, lucid or athena, motif, no)

(See configure --help)

I use libgtk2.0-dev (for GTK2) but those who prefer GTK3 would install
libgtk-3-dev instead. The "configure" script will detect what you have
installed. See its output.