Rsnapshot /var/run PID

Hi All,

Using Debian 8 and I'd like to run rsnapshot as a regular (non-root) user but it doesn't have permissions to drop the pid file in /var/run.

I created a directory called rsnapshot in /var/run with the appropriate permissions which, I thought, fixed the problem. Unfortunately, I now realise that the dir I created gets removed upon a reboot.

Could someone let me know the correct way create an application-specific directory in /var/run (if that is the right thing to do).

Thanks,

Simon