Re: installing/using grub-legacy

Hi,

Brian wrote:
> > > It is a courtesy to use the names used by upstream.

Upstream offers the current names "GRUB" = "GRUB 2" for versions
above 1.0 and calls the old versions 0.XY "GRUB Legacy".
  https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/

The name "GRUB1" seems to be an invention of users discussing
the differences between both GRUBs.
"GRUB-PC" seems to stem from Debian binary package "grub-pc"
for BIOS/x86 in contrast to e.g. "grub-efi-arm64". Those are
all made from GRUB2 sources since quite a while.

I write "GRUB2" and "GRUB-Legacy" to avoid ambiguity.
The "-" is added to make clear that "Legacy" is part of the name.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas