Re: Regarding Hotspot configuration

On 10/23/2015 01:39 PM, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Fri, 2015-10-23 at 19:13 +0530, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
I have spent couple of hours about using hotspot on my Debian laptop.
The
hotspotd method didn't work. So, I tried ap-hotspot after knowing
that the
hotspot which the GNOME network manager starts is an ad-hoc network
which
Android cannot identify.
I only made a very quick test, but on my laptop the "hotspot"
NetworkManager creates is visible on my Android phone.

I think NM only uses ad-hoc if your network driver doesn't support
anything else.

I'm not sure about that, I just told n-m to create a new network,
and it did ad-hoc even though my card supports AP mode.
Can you check in iwconfig to confirm it's actually an AP?