Re: Regarding Hotspot configuration

On 10/23/2015 06:43 AM, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
I have spent couple of hours about using hotspot on my Debian laptop. The hotspotd method didn't work. So, I tried ap-hotspot after knowing that the hotspot which the GNOME network manager starts is an ad-hoc network which Android cannot identify. So, I began searching for solution for creating Infrastructure network, and eventually found that there was no simple way, like a click and hotspot started.

Also, some googling suggested "iw list" which would expose device's capability, and didn't mention ap in the list. However, I have used ap using Connectify in Windows on the same device.

Any help will be appreciated!

--
Regards
Himanshu Shekhar