Re: [OT] Linux for Lettuce

On Friday 23 October 2015 05:01:01 Curt wrote:

> Thought some of you revolutionaries might be interested in the
> following article on the Virginia Quarterly Review website:
>
> http://www.vqronline.org/reporting-articles/2014/05/linux-lettuce

Hell of an idea.  That patenting of germplasm was a bad idea, and will
forever be a bad idea.  This should begin to level the playing field
between the monsantos, and syngenta's of the world.  I've seen this
before, but when monsanto sued Percy Smyth was when it should have been
slapped down once and for all time.  He is the canadian farmer who got
sued and lost, because the wind blew pollen into his fields from a
neighbors patented wheat.

One way to enforce it, and have a good chance of having a good garden, is
to refuse to buy a seed packet unless it has that 3 sentence OSSI
license on the packet.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)