Re: Whitelist security.debian.org

On 10/21/2015 09:47 PM, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
> There seems to be a geographical dependent load balancing DNS server for
> security.debian.org; maybe that is the source of the OP's problem. From
> Mexico I get this:

I, too, get different answers depending on the country I check from with
dig.

It seems to be described here briefly:

	"For each service it produces a set of zonefiles, one
	for each out of a set of different geographic regions.
	These individual zonefiles are then transferred using
	rsync to our GEO-IP enabled nameservers. This enables
	us to give users a list of security mirrors closer to
	them and thus hopefully faster for them."

	https://dsa.debian.org/dsablog/

But that doesn't answer why APT is getting a different IP than a regular
nslookup.

Regards,
Lars