Re: alsa troubles

On Oct 19, 2015, at 9:08 PM, Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:

>    apt-get install mpv

Tried that (in Aptitude and apt-file). Maybe it just isn't in my repos, somehow.

> The point here is that "aplay -l" finds different devices

aplay -l did what you said it would. And it removed a couple variables from the problem.

> and we try to
> put some sounds directly to those devices. There are higher-level tools
> for configuring audio but low-level tests are pretty good starting
> point and good for understanding basics.

Yes. I'm a great believer in that -- several people have gone crazy when I say, "Bring up a terminal" :-)

But in this case, the high-level tools (and some random clicking) eventually found the answer.

--
Glenn English