Re: 64bit run on mips64r2

On 10/20/15, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:58:13AM +0300, Mehmet CELIK wrote:
>> Hi all..
>>
>> How can I run amd64 application in mips64r2 OS. I'm trying multiarch, but
>> doesnt support amd64 in mips64r2 (Octeon CPU/Standart Glibc).
>
> I don't think you can, at least without processor emulation.
>
> Perhaps Qemu? Information on the 'nets is sparse about Qemu running on
> MIPS64 hosts, but MIPS32 seems to have been done.

Having just recently installed Qemu myself and so having at least
wandered around a TINY bit, I honestly wondered if Qemu would help
here after first reading the question. Since it's now officially a
suggestion, I just entered "qemu-" and tab-tabbed in my terminal. Got
this back:

qemu-mips
qemu-mips64
qemu-mips64el
qemu-mipsel
qemu-mipsn32
qemu-mipsn32el

qemu-system-mips
qemu-system-mips64
qemu-system-mips64el
qemu-system-mipsel

Since I'm not versed in "mips" so as to know the difference, I
included all the ones that popped up here on my end in case they
provide any kind of insight into availability of Qemu services. Yeah,
I know, I don't see the "r2" specifically, either. :)

The more I think on that, here's the complete (*extended*) list. I've
only ventured into Qemu long enough to stumble on the necessity of
knowing these are out there but not if there exists more of something
else that complements and/or builds beyond the function of these. My
thought process in sharing is that perhaps there's something there
that MIGHT serve as a viable fallback if you must absolutely
declare/see that "r2":

qemu-aarch64              qemu-ppc                  qemu-system-mips64
qemu-alpha                qemu-ppc64                qemu-system-mips64el
qemu-arm                  qemu-ppc64abi32           qemu-system-mipsel
qemu-armeb                qemu-ppc64le              qemu-system-moxie
qemu-cris                 qemu-s390x                qemu-system-or32
qemu-i386                 qemu-sh4                  qemu-system-ppc
qemu-img                  qemu-sh4eb                qemu-system-ppc64
qemu-io                   qemu-sparc                qemu-system-ppcemb
qemu-launcher             qemu-sparc32plus          qemu-system-s390x
qemu-m68k                 qemu-sparc64              qemu-system-sh4
qemu-microblaze           qemu-system-aarch64       qemu-system-sh4eb
qemu-microblazeel         qemu-system-alpha         qemu-system-sparc
qemu-mips                 qemu-system-arm           qemu-system-sparc64
qemu-mips64               qemu-system-cris          qemu-system-tricore
qemu-mips64el             qemu-system-i386          qemu-system-unicore32
qemu-mipsel               qemu-system-lm32          qemu-system-x86_64
qemu-mipsn32              qemu-system-m68k          qemu-system-xtensa
qemu-mipsn32el            qemu-system-microblaze    qemu-system-xtensaeb
qemu-nbd                  qemu-system-microblazeel  qemu-unicore32
qemu-or32                 qemu-system-mips          qemu-x86_64

Good luck!

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey