Re: alsa troubles

To resolve this kind of problem I recommend finding each alsa package installed on that machine then have aptitude install each of them but put the -r switch on the end of that install command. That will install recommended packages and once done this problem may disappear.

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015, Glenn English wrote:

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:54:44
From: Glenn English <ghe@slsware.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: alsa troubles

On 10/19/2015 03:39 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:

Since you appear to have Pulse Audio,

I didn't know I did :-)

why not use pavucontrol?

It asked me to have my sysadmin install pavucontrol. So I did When I ran it, and it said:

"Connection to PulseAudio failed..."

So maybe I really don't have PA? Or have I not configured something properly?

Since I didn't think PA was on this machine, I haven't done any audio configuration, alsa or Pulse.