Re: is there a way to tell apt to accept expired keys.

On 10/18/15, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 11:36:00AM +0100, peter green wrote:
>> Is there a way to tell apt to accept expired keys? googling it I only
>> find
>> either instructions to download updated keys or instructions to disable
>> GPG
>> verification completely.
>>
>> In the case I just ran into I was able to find an updated version of the
>> key
>> with a later expiry but i'd like to know for the future if there is a way
>> tell apt to accept the expired key.
>
> Is this a wind up? Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of having keys
> in the first place?

That was my kneejerk reaction when I read this earlier. I just didn't
have anything as reference to back up my thought process. Responding
now with a "ditto" and that, *if this was me*, I would be digging
harder for a current key instead of trying to force something
that's... "old and moldy".. :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey