Re: FW: xfsdump package not available in testing?

Nemeth Gyorgy <friczy@freemail.hu> writes:

>> Poking around the Debian packages website, xfsdump should be available
>> in Stretch per that page (link included below). However:
>> # apt-get install xfsdump
>> Reading package lists...
>> Done
>> Building dependency
>> tree
>> Reading state information...
>> Done
>> Package xfsdump is not available, but is referred to by another
>> package.
>> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted,
>> or
>> is only available from another
>> source
>> However the following packages replace
>> it:
>>
>> xfsprogs
>>

>> E: Package 'xfsdump' has no installation
>> candidate
>> I have xfsprogs installed, but it doesn't supply xfsdump/xfsrestore. The
>> package that does, apparently, isn't available. AmI missing something
>> obvious?
>>
>> Package link: https://packages.debian.org/stretch/xfsdump
>
> It should be in testing. Did you do apt-get update?
>
> On my system (with sid and testing in sources.list):
> apt-cache policy xfsdump
> xfsdump:
>   Installed: (none)
>   Candidate: 3.1.4
>   Version table:
>      3.1.4 0
>         500 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
>         500 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64

The "rmadison" command is very useful, and in this case shows -

rmadison xfsdump
xfsdump    | 3.0.4         | oldoldstable    | source, amd64, i386
xfsdump    | 3.0.6         | oldstable       | source, amd64, armel, armhf, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, s390x, sparc
xfsdump    | 3.1.4         | stable          | source, amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, ppc64el
xfsdump    | 3.1.4         | stable-kfreebsd | source
xfsdump    | 3.1.4         | testing         | source, amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, ppc64el
xfsdump    | 3.1.4         | unstable        | source, amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips, mips64el, mipsel, powerpc, ppc64el
xfsdump    | 3.1.4+b1      | stable          | s390x
xfsdump    | 3.1.4+b1      | testing         | s390x
xfsdump    | 3.1.4+b1      | unstable        | s390x

This shows that you can install the "jessie" package, which is the same
as in "stretch/testing" and "sid/unstable".

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.0, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 24.5.50.3