Re: iscsi support in Jessie

On 10/16/15 08:06, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Now I have to install a new iscsi target (using Jessie, hopefully).
> Which iscsi solution would you recommend?

PS: Here is what I found so far:

* iSCSI Enterprise Target (http://sourceforge.net/projects/iscsitarget/files/)
looking at the dev mailing list it appears to be dead

* Linux-iSCSI Project
replaced by http://open-iscsi.org/ , afaict.

* open-iscsi.org
appears to be dead. 404 on the mailing list. Last stable
version is of May 2012

* targetcli
dropped from Jessie. Old version 2.1 is still in RHEL7.

* Generic SCSI Target Subsystem http://scst.sourceforge.net/
Looks promising, but there are only Debian packages provided
by upstream, and they are already 2 years old.

Did I miss something (other than FreeNAS)? What would you
recommend?

Regards
Harri