Re: unlisted mirrors & non-gui installation

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:07:35 -0500, Adrian O'Dell <crimsonmane@gmail.com> wrote:

> Previously during install, when selecting which Mirror to use, one could
> press the up arrow and get a line to input a custom mirror location,
> such as one kept locally. This feature seems to have been removed from
> Debian8 installer.
>
> ***
>
> For a console-only (non-gui) environment, there should be added to the
> list of GUIs "Console-Only" (or whatever wording you desire). Currently
> it is assumed that no selection means no gui, which makes sense HOWEVER
> if one deselected the bottom option "standard system utilities" gnome is
> installed.
>
> "standard system utilities" is vague; one would think this is such like
> whois, tracert, etc. Perhaps this option should be removed, in tandem
> with "Console-Only" being added.

So what does 'standard system utilities' actually mean? What does it install? I
always install from netinstall, and prefer text-mode environments. I usually
install X and a window manager later so I don't have to deal with a login
manager. In the past, I was always unsure of what 'standard system utilities'
actually meant, but took it as a euphemism for a basic text-mode environment.
Is this the case?