Re: [OT] Has my e-mail account been hacked?

Stephen Powell:

…
> (2) Someone sent out a bunch of SPAM, spoofing my e-mail address
> as the sender, and the delivery failures came to me.

That is very probable.

> How can I tell which is the case, and if it's (2), is there anything
> I can do to defend myself against this sort of thing in the future?

Generally, if you have your own mail domain, you can use DKIM and DMARC
in order to make it easier for other mail servers to recognize spoofed
e-mail that abuses your domain. But that probably won't help in this
case because mail servers that produce backscatter probably don't
support DMARC or DKIM. :-/

J.
--
My memories gild my life with rare transcendance.
[Agree]   [Disagree]