Re: Debian 8, KDE Lockup

On 10/11/2015 1:06 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 20:55:56 +0300
moxalt <moxalt@riseup.net> wrote:

Basically, don't use GDM with KDE, and don't run KDE on systems that are short
of RAM. Or at all.
Yes, better use XFCE or LXDE, which are not bloated messes like KDE or Gnome.
Cheers, Ron.

My ram did not arrive today so to help rule out hardware problems I reinstalled Debian 8 but this time used the LXDE desktop. Everything works fine as I had hoped the first attempt would. LXDE looks pretty nice so I will probably keep it and not worry about KDE.

Thank you for your help everyone.

Tim