How to lock screen correctly with light-locker?

Hello everybody!
On my Debian Jessie system with awesome (no DE) I face the following problem: I use lightdm and light-locker as a screenlocker. If I launch it with "--no-late-locking", then if my display turns of (Xorg settings) session only gets locked when it turns on again, and so I can press some key on the keyboard, and it will be handled before locker turns on -> insecure.
If I launch it without "--no-late-locking", then the following happens:
Computer stand idle for 10 minutes, display turns off, screen locker turns on, display turns back on automatically, wait another 10 minutes for display to turn off again. Embarrassing...
I have also tried backporting light-locker from stretch, no differences.
Could you please give a piece of advice of how to get smooth and secure behaviour in this case. Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely, Jayson Willson