Problem with look and feel after installing LXDE

Hello.

I installed LXDE in Debian 8 in a virtual machine from a text-only environment using "aptitude -R". I had to install a display manager separately to have a working graphic environment; I installed "lightdm" with aptitude (without "-R").

I found that some programs, such as the one responsible for the shutdown menu and Qt programs (like KAlarm) have a very plain look and feel (like that of Windows 95) which is inconsistent with the rest of the system (that has a more polished look and feel). I'd like to make these programs have the same look and feel as the rest of the system.

As a test, I installed "lxde" in a different virtual machine *without* the "-R" option. The shutdown menu has the right look and feel, consistent with the rest of the system. Therefore, I think that the "-R" option is making the installation lack the package responsible for this look and feel, so the question is: what is that package?, or otherwise, how can I make the programs that have the plain look and feel look the same as the rest of the system (like Iceweasel).

Thanks in advance.