Re: Can't load X

Le 12/10/15 17:07, Mitt a écrit :
Hi,
I installed xserver-xorg-legacy but it changed nothing.

I have Intel HD and Radeon, I don't use logind but ConsoleKit instead, I don't have anything related to systemd, except for udev.

You need a logind session to be registered. If it's not the case, you'll have to add "needs_root_rights = yes" in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config

If server is supposed to run with root, how should a regular user use X?

X has always been running as root via a setuid wrapper, now with logind it gained the ability to delegate the things that require root privileges to it.

Cheers,

Laurent Bigonville