Re: a little jessie whinage

Glenn English <ghe@slsware.net> writes:

> On Oct 11, 2015, at 1:58 PM, Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No, for servers we don't install NetworkManager and resolvconf, and we
>> do static configuration.
>
> I didn't install NM, the installer did. I didn't know there was such a thing.
>
> I did know enough, though, to toss resolvconf and hand write
> resolv.conf, in the past. resolvconf is straightforward enough to know
> what it does. It does one thing, but not too well.

Obviously your experiences differ from mine. I run both on my laptop,
and it is resolvconf that is the horror for me, as I keep having to
occasionally purge the config because it once again is persistently
adding a name server to resolv.conf that is not available.

On the other hand, NM has run fine on my laptops ever since the 0.8
version.

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.