Re: debian-user list problem

On Sun 11 Oct 2015 at 20:40:32 +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 06:50:13PM +0100, Brian wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Can we discard this crystal ball of yours and cast a few runes or examine
> > chicken entrails instead? :)
>
> :-)
>
> > X-Spam-Status gives a list of SpamAssassin tests that returned a non-zero
> > value. I am going to assume the Debian mailing list for -user assigns a
> > negative score if the poster is a list member (why should your score be
> > pushed closer to 4.0?).
>
> sounds plausible: but still, why specifically "-user" and not just "subscribed
> to any Debian list"? Both would make kind of sense.

I am not (stating the obvious) a Listmaster. My plausible analysis stands
until it is shot down,

> > Which raises the question of whether maderios was ever unsubscribed from
> > -user. This will remove his motivation for having to reprimand his cat
> > for being underhand or devious. It leaves open the question whether the
> > resubscription did any good or if it was some other readjustment of the
> > system which restored reception of list mails.
>
> I'm all for the poor cat, although I'm confident Madarias is a nice person.

Without a doubt.

> Re-subscription seems to have solved the issue anyhow. Besides the cat,
> a couple of bounces to the list might de-activate the subscription.

You are convinced subscribing again was the solution. Why? Did you stand
at maderios' shoulder?

> > > -user? or just any debian.org list? Only postmasters know...
> >
> > The incidence of LDOSUBSCRIBER in my -systemd archive is zero. Other
> > lists do not appear to rely on it in the same way as -user.
>
> Well, that settles the one point above. Chicken entrails seem to be
> more accurate than crystal balls :-)

Sorry to cut this conversation short but I'm due for an appointment at my
local Oracle in 10 minutes.