Re: /etc/resolv.conf being blanked

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 01:47:57PM +0200, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Dominic Hargreaves a écrit :
> >
> > I did just notice that there is a third state that the file sometimes
> > ends up in, as well as the expected one which begins "Generated by
> > Network Manager". This is a file which just contains one nameserver
> > entry containing the IPv6 resolver. Odd.
>
> That may be generated from received IPv6 router advertisements (RA) by
> rdnssd if installed. In that case, you can remove this package if you
> don't need DNS resolution through the IPv6 server. Otherwise, check
> whether the package resolvconf is installed.

Aha! Thanks for the clue.

The problem appears to have gone away after removing rdnssd, so I assume
it was a particularly severe case of #740998 (an RC bug which was sadly
not fixed in jessie).

I'll follow up on that bug (and probably a new bug against
debian-installer to have rdnssd not installed).

Thanks,
Dominic.