Re: Please tipps for Desktop ( gnome, kde, xfce, etc. ) Debian 8 jessie and some minor issues

On Sat, 2015-10-10 at 19:46 +0200, Peter Berlau wrote:
> do intel have own "complete" Notebook
> or have i to check "inventory"-List?

Hi,

I don't think there's a list, best to check the specifications
directly.

> Is it a good idea to switch from xfce to gnome?
> xfce runs fast on all computers ( powerbook, Intel [noname]  and iMac
> )...

GNOME comes with good defaults and makes it a lot easier to set up
things, but it does require a faster computer than Xfce. With Xfce you
need to set up more things yourself, but you can always get help on the
mailing list for that.

I suggest you try both (and any other desktop environments out there)
and see what suits you best.

Also, please reply to the list. That way everyone can take part in the
discussion (and you get more and better replies!).

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson