Re: Video-UNfriendly browsers?

It seems like NoScript will do the job. I think that it allows YouTube by default once installed, but you can easily disable it after installing (along with the other sites it enables by default). Since most sites depend on JavaScript to embed videos, that will block most of them. I don't know of a solution to block the rest.

Regards.

My wife and I live out in the wilds of Maine, and the only internet
service we can get is satellite, which means a maximum of 250 MB total
up and down per day. That allowance gets drained away by these damned
autoplay videos on various news sites. Pat is using Wheezy, I'm using
Jessie - short of going back to Lynx, does anyone have any
recommendations for a browser which can be configured NOT to autostart
videos? I'm not talking just on YouTube or similar sites - there are a
zillion extensions to do that for Firefox, but they don't work on
other sites, e.g. the New York Times.

Thanks,

Brian.