Re: What software can I use to remind me of daily tasks?

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:08:31 -0500
Mario Castelán Castro <marioxcc.MT@yandex.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm looking for a free (as in freedom) software that will remind me of
> daily tasks. That is it: one in which I can program reminders to be
> shown daily at a certain hour as a window to catch my attention or as a
> sound. I have searched in the web, but I have only found unmaintained
> software that doesn't do this.

You can use cron to launch scripts like the following:

#!/bin/bash
export DISPLAY=:0.0
gxmessage -borderless -buttons "Close:0" -center -borderless -font "sans bold 24" "   Warning: Time to go to bed   "

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                   Dieu n'est pas pour les gros batalions,