Re: googleearth-package (jessie)

On 03/10/15 15:21, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
On Wed, September 30, 2015 1:08 am, Heracles wrote:
I just installed Google-Earth using "synaptic" in Debian8 and it worked
fine. It had to install a few other bits and pieces but as it did all the
work I was fine with it. Google-earth works without errors. Heracles
Heracles,

Would you be so kind as to outline the procedure for using synaptic to
install the .deb package which I downloaded from the Google Earth web
site?

I use synaptic all the time, but always with packages which are in the
Debian repositories.  I searched and saw that some people are installing
using "dpkg -i"; but does that take care of dependencies?

I plan to run GE on a i386 laptop, so the package which I downloaded is
the 32-bit:

   google-earth-stable_current_i386.deb

Thanks.

Russ

Hi Rus,
I followed this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ght=local+repo
which worked quite well but using gdebi is a simpler method.
Heracles