Re: googleearth-package (jessie)

On Saturday 03 October 2015 18:18:08 Curt wrote:
> On 2015-10-03, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 03 October 2015 06:21:44 rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
> >>  I searched and saw that some people are installing
> >> using "dpkg -i"; but does that take care of dependencies?
> >
> > No.  But try:
> >
> > # dpkg -i foo.deb
> >
> > Which will probably complain about dependencies, then:
> >
> > # apt-get -f install
> > Which will sort out the dependencies and finish installing foo.deb.
> >
> > I just tried it for the first time, and it worked a treat.
> >
> > Otherwise, list the missing dependencies and install them manually!  (Or
> > with Synaptic.)
>
> Didn't someone mention gdebi?

Yes.

So are you saying that only solutions applicable to GNOME, and nothing else,
are allowed on this list now?  Do we actually know that the OP uses Gnome?
That all future readers of the archives will use Gnome?

And are you saying that only those prepared to offer GUI solutions are allowed
to answer questions specifically about CLI problems, in this case, in this
post, specifically dpkg -i?

Lisi