Yan: KDE file copy to usb device without file cache

Thank you Thomas. I use sync but how can i this with GUI for newbie users? Because it creates problems for these users.

I tried UDEV rules as follows but i can't.

ACTION="" RUN+="su -l $USER -c '/usr/bin/pmount --sync --umask 000 %k'"
ACTION="" KERNEL=="sd[a-z][0-9]", RUN+="su -l $USER -c '/usr/bin/pumount %k'"

Debian Jessie, KDE

3 Ekim 2015 9:42 Cumartesi tarihinde Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> şöyle yazdı:

Hi,

Serkan KURT wrote:
> How can i a file copy to usb device without file cache?
> KDE notifier shows copy completed but actually copy process does not
> finished.

After the GUI programs reported success, execute command "sync"
in a shell and wait until it is done.

If you really want to write unbuffered:
There is an i/o mode named "Direct I/O", which is not well-deemed
by the kernel developers. Your mileage may vary.
Program "dd" has an option "oflag=direct".
C function open(2) has flag O_DIRECT.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas