Re: USB storage devices not being recognized

Op Fri, 02 Oct 2015 18:34:10 +0200 schreef Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net>:

I'm running an up to date Stretch/AMD64 system with Plasma desktop. I just plugged in my camera through its USB cable but didn't get a notification window.

The camera shows up in lsusb but there is no storage device showing when I try ls /dev/sd*.

I took the SD card out from the camera and put it in a USB SD adapter. The device shows up in lsusb and ls /dev/sd* but not the media.

The media works fine in the camera. I can take pictures and review previously taken pictures so I believe the problem is with Stretch.

Has anyone seen this problem or know of a fix?

What is the name and the brand of the camera?
And can you post the output of
 journalctl -r
(The first 20 lines should be enough)
after you have plugged the camera in?