Re: how do I suggest an enhancement to apticron?

On 10/1/15, Jörg-Volker Peetz <jvpeetz@web.de> wrote:

> Yes, report a bug with wishlist severity. It's documented here:
> https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities
> and says
>
> wishlist
> for any feature request, ...

Reported my own very first bug just a couple days ago by using
"reportbug" via terminal command line. I tried the same route MANY
months ago, and the process *seemed* overwhelming then. I don't know
if they've updated the package since or what, but it "felt" fairly
easy this time.

Reportbug walks you through the steps it takes to successfully file a
report. I'm about 99% sure one step I saw was the opportunity to send
a patch along with.. or at least the chance to report a patch's
availability.

Reportbug's own install package was small. The command to get a user started is:

reportbug [package name]

With this coming across as you getting your foot in the door toward
Debian development, there's a Debian-Mentors list that might be of
interest:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/

I've been following them for a couple months. They are VERY PATIENT
regardless of the kinds of questions being asked AND/OR the mistakes
being made by newcomers on that list. :)

Good luck whatever method you follow!

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey