Re: [OT] Free software vs non-free, here we go again

Amir H. Firouzian writes:
> I don't understand why Mozilla Firefox isn't open source...

It is.  It is also Free Software.

> And furthermore we have different branch of Firefox like Iceweasel. So
> what is that mean?

It means the Mozilla Corporation owns the trademark FIREFOX and won't
let Debian use the trademark unless Debian agrees to conditions which
Debian finds unacceptable.  However, since Firefox is Free Software
Debian is free to compile the Firefox source and distribute the package
under a different name.  Debian chose the name Iceweasel.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com