Re: googleearth-package (jessie)

On 30/09/15 14:31, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
Further progress:

Launching googlearth from a terminal prompt produces the error message:

/usr/lib/googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libcurl.so.4 cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Jessie has the following libcurl3 packages:
     libcurl3
     libcurl3-gnutls
     libcurl3-ncs

but only the following libcurl4 packages:
     libcurl4-gnutls-dev
     libcurl4-nss-dev
     libcurl4-openssl-dev

Would any of these satisfy googleearth-bin?

RLH

I'm not sure if it still the case, but to get google-earth working on my 64 bit system some months ago I had to patch the script and repack the package. The instructions on what was required was (and probably still is) available on the net. I was using Ubuntu back then but it may also be true for Debian.
Heracles