Re: How come i wrote a NO-BREAK SPACE in xterm+bash ?

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2015-08-31 15:41:01 -0500, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > For the record, lines starting with From are often escaped with > to
> > avoid issues with mbox. So Vincent didn't purposefully prepend > to
> > that.
>
> That's Debian's mailing-list software that did.

Yes. We've been escaping From with > for decades now. It's probably no
longer useful, but it was useful at some point in time.

Love is... a complex sequence of neurochemical reactions that makes
people behave like idiots. It's similar to intoxication, but the
hangover's even worse.
 -- J. Jacques _Questionable Content_ #1039
    http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1039