Re: Installing debian on qosmio laptop (SOLVED)

On 09/17/2015 03:28 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 17 September 2015 22:52:04 Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 17 September 2015 21:21:37 Gary Roach wrote:
  No debian
netinstall disk that I have tried has worked.
I have never had one that didn't work.  Have you checked your downloads?
Where are you getting them from?
How are you burning them?

Lisi

Finally! The problem seems to be an incomparability between my other linux machine and the Qosmio. I had been downloading and burning with my desktop debian box and the files are not compatible with the Qosmio DVD reader. The Matshita DVD drive is noted for its quirkiness. I downloaded to the Qosmio Windoz XP and burned the disk with a Roxio burner. This works fine.

Thanks for all your support.

Gary R.