Re: Bug? - Debian does not assign IP address after reboot?

On 9/16/2015 12:38 PM, linuxthefish wrote:
Hi,

After I reboot my Debian machine it does not assign an IP to eth0. It
brings the interface up after a reboot, but does not set the IP on it!
Running a cronjob every min to set the IP address is the only way to
fix this, but why does it happen? Is this some sort of bug?

My interfaces file is as follows:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
   address 172.16.0.30
   netmask 255.255.0.0

allow-hotplug wlan1
iface wlan1 inet static
         wpa-ap-scan 1
         wpa-scan-ssid 1
       wpa-ssid connect
       wpa-psk linuxthefish
address 192.168.43.200
netmask 255.255.255.0

Please can someone tell me why this happens? :(

Thanks!

I hope that is not your real wireless key.

If it is you might want to change it now that it has been shared in a public forum. ;-)

Later, Seeker