Re: Debian + Windows with UEFI

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 02:54:42PM -0400, real bas wrote:
> Hi guys, I bought a new laptop (Dell Vostro) and comming with UEFI, I'm
> very confusing about it and Debian installation. How to install grub in it?

Get into the system setup: switch off Secure Boot and reboot.

Use Windows tools to shrink the Windows disk to produce free space at the end of the disk.

Use a Debian CD / a Debian .iso file on a USB stick: allow the machine to boot from the CD / USB.

Install Debian in the normal way on the free space. That means that Debian will install grub-efi
and will then recognise that there is Windows on the first partition.

I have a system here which has this, more or less.

All the very best,

AndyC