Re: Hotspot configuration

	Hi.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 01:52:43PM +0530, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> Hey, I wish I could run apps as connectify.
> However, the hotspot doesn't work from the GNOME network settings.

It's somewhat expected. After all, 'GNOME network settings' is simply a
front-end to Network Manager. And the Network Manager's ability to, um,
manage the network settings is questionable in such cases.

> Also, the hotspotd package from the attachment doesn't work.

>From the quick look at [1], hotspotd is a whacky python script which
generates hostapd.conf, tweaks iptables and pokes Network Manager via
nmcli.

Since the Network Manager does not do what you're expecting from it in
the first place - it's no wonder that hotspotd fails on you.

> I want to use my hotspot from the attached package as I tried it on
> other Ubuntu laptops (no offence to Debian) and I desire it to be in
> Debian.

But why? Using hostapd directly is much cleaner and easier solution.

Still, if you're really wish to go that road - file the wnpp bug report
against this hostspotd and don't forget to find a maintainer for such
package. Sending e-mails to Debian *User* maillist won't help acception
of hotspotd at all.

Reco