Poor SSD RAID0 Performance

New install of old pieces.  Running stretch.

I have 3 pairs of SSDs. The components are 30, 60, and 120GB modules. There are two of each size in an array.

In all cases, using the LXDE 'disk' for benchmarking, all three sizes have similar single module read speeds of 520 to 540 MB/sec. In the RAID0 configuration, the speed vary significantly:
30+30 535 MB/sec
60+60 720 MB/sec
120+120 1040 MB/sec

For the 30G modules, the RAID0 slows down performance. I would like to know how I can trouble shoot this poor performance.

Any suggestions?