Re: Mdadm grub install problem

On 13/09/15 04:28 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
I am trying to replacing 1 TB drives with 2TB i am using RAID 1 mdadm
i successfully replaced the first drive and it is synced and working normally.
i also installed grub by this commad "grub-install /dev/sdc"
/dev/sdc is my new drive.
Please note that i am using gdisk to create GPT partition on new 2TB drive.
i copied the same partition table from MBR to GPT with gdisk utility.
however when i try to boot my system only with /dev/sdc
it end up saying

GRUB loading.
Welcome to GRUB!

error: no such device: 2
Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

when i connect the first drive i mean 1TB drive with array of 2TB it works fine when i boot single 1TB it works fine. however when i boot with 2TB alone it shows the above error. i am very new to this i request you guys to please help.
moreover when i use command "ls"

it shows me (hda0)

Thanks,
MYK

Did you add the new drive to the array?

mdadm doesn't care about partition tables. It just wants to be able to find the arrays. However to start the array, grub needs the initramfs.

If the drive letters change, you may need to update-initramfs -u before update-grub.