Re: adobe flash player in Iceweasel does not work anymore in Jessie

On Thursday 10 September 2015 10:33:20 Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On 2015-09-09, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 September 2015 20:46:42 Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> >> When I need a package from deb-multimedia, I use wget and dpkg.
> >
> > A constructive suggestion!  That is obviously a good idea.
>
> I would call it a kludge, at best.

I agree.  But at least it is constructive not nihilistic: "don't do it; no-one
reasonable wants to do anything that can't be done in pure Debian".  It is
the fact of a constructive suggestion that I was saying was a good idea, not
the actual suggestion.

> Using wget and dpkg is to invite what
> used to be called 'RPM hell'. It also runs the risk of missing security
> updates to packages.

Yes, I shall continue to use deb-multimedia as I always have done when it
suits me.

Lisi