Re: W.: Re: Jessie on RPI2

On Sep 9, 2015, at 1:16 PM, k.vocke@arcor.de wrote:

> I would like to change from DHCP to static IP . Unfortunately, I find nothing about this on the web.
> Can you give me a short notice , as the case Jessie ( debian 8 ) goes ! ( am not so familiar with it ) .

You need to edit /etc/network/interfaces and reboot (you could go into taking the interface up and down, but rebooting is much simpler).

Just what needs to go in that file can almost certainly be found on Google with "Debian interface config" or something like that. It's really not that difficult, and # will comment out a line in the file so you can get the known working data back...

Here's a sample from one of my known working DMZ hosts:

> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
>
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo eth0
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> # The primary network interface
> allow-hotplug eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
> 	address 192.168.2.203
> 	netmask 255.255.255.0
> 	broadcast 192.168.2.255
> 	network 192.168.2.0
> 	gateway 192.168.2.1

Then, in /etc/resolv.conf, you need to enter the IP of a nameserver. Like this:

--
Glenn English