Re: Upgrading debian to specific minor version

On 9/9/15, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 08:38:43AM +0200, Joris Schoolmeesters wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to upgrade from 7.7 to 7.8 ?
>
> The FAQ should cover it: there isn't a great deal of difference between
> point upgrades
> - they roll up security fixes about once a quarter or so. If you update
> regularly, you
> won't notice much difference anyway in most cases - the version number in
> base-files and
> /etc/debian_version will change.

For me, the security fixes are the big deal about staying as current
as possible. For some reason, Andy's answer triggered the thought that
you (Joris) might have a specific reason for wanting to take a minor
step up instead of the larger one now available. If you do have a
specific need for taking that lesser step up, maybe others can help
you if you describe exactly what you are looking for in 7.8 versus
7.9....

Just thinking out loud... Good luck! :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* yawns frequently at this time of day *