/usr/games not in PATH in TESTING (i3wm, BASH as default, using fish shell)

Dear all,

I have previously reinstalled Debian using the live images for TESTING branch, and kept my system updated with the US main FTP archive with `apt-get update` and `apt-get upgrade` and `apt-get dist-upgrade`. I installed KDE as my default desktop, installed i3wm which I am using it mainly now since KDE in testing is in migration and a bit sketchy, and using SSCM as my login manager. My default shell is /bin/bash.

The problem is, when logged in using SSCM, the PATH is only /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin. Seemingly, my /etc/profile, ~/.profile has not been run by the login program. I hate to set the PATH in the .bashrc or fish.config (which I mainly use), but I am not sure where to look at: whether it is an i3wm specific issue (KDE also could not find /usr/games among others in the PATH), or SSCM issue. I tried logging in using TTY1 or su - command, and they include all the PATH as expected.

Any ideas?

​Best​

He who is worthy to receive his days and nights is worthy to receive* all
else* from you (and me).
                                                 The Prophet, Gibran Kahlil