Re: systemd-logind emitting messages to the terminal upon login

The Wanderer:

No, but I believe I still have my laptop configured in a way which gets this behavior. If you want, I can reboot it and do a detailed examination; I'm probably about due for a reboot of that laptop, anyway.

It's mainly the final part about other people's login sessions causing messages on unrelated terminals that is perplexing. The only mechanisms that immediately spring to mind for that are ones like {r,}syslog configured to take logind messages from the journal and write them to the console, splatting over whatever kernel virtual terminal happens to be active, which presumably you would have already thought of and checked.