Re: What USB3 chipsets are supported by the Jessie kernels?

On 08/31/15 02:19, Rick Thomas wrote:
I came across this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1242321 In note #46 there, James Ralston suggests turning off “auto suspend” on the relevant USB device by doing
$ for F in /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/control; do echo on >”${F}"; done
I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s almost the only hope I’ve found so far.

Well... I tried it. No help. My test USB3 FLASH stick is recognized (at USB2 speeds) on the USB2 interface, but it is not seen at all on the USB3 interface -- there is nothing at all in the output of "dmesg" at the time of insertion, and, of course, no device node is created for the drive.

Any other suggestions, anyone?
Please!

Thanks,
Rick