Re: quality keyboards

On 31/08/15 08:09, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
How much do those things cost?  Now that a keyboard can be had for $10 or
$15, is it better to pay $150 or even $250 for a quality keyboard, or
replace a $15 keyboard every year or even every six months?

Well, I'm typing this on a Das Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown keyswitches), which I bought after having to return the genuine IBM keyboard I'd had on extremely-long-term loan from a friend, so I think my position on that one is pretty clear :)

And in our present Window$-dominated, rodent-oriented, game-addicted and
generally-lliterate society,

Funnily enough, the single biggest market for keyboards with high-quality keyswitches today is almost certainly PC video game enthusiasts. Video games on the PC make heavy use of the keyboard, and having a keyboard with high reliability and good tactile characteristics makes it easier to play them well.