AW: Wheezy "NFSv4 callback reply buffer overflowed"

Hello Javier

>>> Did you try disabling nfs.v4.read_delegation?
>>>
>> No, since we only recently changed from NFSv3 to NFSv4 and with v3 were
>> using mount option nocto on 99% of the mounts for performance. We have
>> currently no idea what implications we would have if we turn off read
>> delegation.
>> Is there any way to estimate/measure the performance improvements achieved
>> by using read delegation as in our current setup?
>I have no idea, I'm suggesting such solution because that is the
>response on Redhat customer portal  (I'm not sure what could I post
>from that response, I have a account there))
>(https://access.redhat.com/solutions/728943)

Disabled read delegation on Sunday - had to reenable it now since the NetApp NFS server was doing 150% more NFS operations than before and the CPU was going over our limits.

So we might just live with that warning then.

Strange though: NFSv4 is now around 12 years old and still not properly implemented on the clients as it seems...

Best regards
Rainer