Re: something at init is taking about 31s to finish

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 04:25:36 +0200
Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:

> briand@aracnet.com wrote:
>
> > it almost looks like something is timing out, and yet the system works
> > fine, so whatever it is that the process is waiting on it doesn't seem
> > to matter.
>
> > i have a bad feeling it's the dreade ethernet firmware loading thing
> > (just a guess) since that's the message that comes up immediately
> > after the wait finishes.
>
> > There's no way anyone can help until i can get a trace of what's going
> > on at boot.
>
> Jessie or newer? With systemd?
>
> systemd-analyze blame

         29.597s networking.service
          3.256s systemd-suspend.service

aha.  So I need to dig deeper into networking.service

i've been playing around with systemd-analyze but i can't seem to figure out how to resolve what i'm sure must be the pieces living inside networking.service.

Brian