Re: Adapter Names on Stretch

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 11:19:24 +0100
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> And as for Glaswegian....

Many years ago my work sent me for several months to Glasgow; for the first three weeks I could not understand a word of the conversations I could hear going on around me; then one day it clicked, and I understood most of it, apart from the vocabulary that took longer to acquire; (although a good knowledge of the King James was a great help in that direction...)

Most of the problem with Scots (and Gleska) for the English is the intonation, which places the emphasis on the end of the words, instead of the beginning as they do in the southern dialects.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                   When you have eliminated the impossible,
           whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.