Re: kde screen does not unlock

On 27/08/2015 02:24, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 08/26/2015 10:30 AM, Hans wrote:
Hello list,

I cannot unlock kde5 screen although the password is correct. This
behaviour appeared in kde4, too. I believe this is not a bug, it looks
for me, that the related file got not the correct rights settings.

I have this:

ls -la /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kscreenlocker_greet

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 131488 Jul 26 15:49
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kscreenlocker_greet

IMO this is wrong, as I cannot kill the process as a normal user, only
as root. Maybe I should set the stickybit?

It would be nice, if soemone could check and tell me the rights settings
on a kde5-system, where the screensaver can be unlocked.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Hans

Hello, sorry you are having problems..

I check 'lock screen' in squeeze, wheezy, jessie, stretch and sid
without any problem on desktop and laptop and all are using kde and
fully updated, except for sid cause I'm holding a couple packages so I
do safe-upgrade.

Owner root=read, write, execute, all others=read, execute.

I hope you get your problem sorted. :)

Hello Hans,

could you check owner/group on /etc/shadow ? Is the group "shadow" ?